Essie Lady Like ~ Fall Mini Collection 2011

030

Lady Like is the second swatch in my Essie Fall Mini Collection 2011 series.  You can see my intro to the range and swatches of Very Structured here.

This is the second time I’ve done this post.  I painted my nails with Lady Like just before I started writing it this afternoon and as I composed all my lovely pics, glanced down at my nails and thought omg it looks like a totally different colour.  So I started again… took new pics and while these are still not 100%, they are a much closer representation of the shade, particularly the main pic above.

033

I wasn’t sure how this shade would look on, but I like it a lot.  It’s a dusky, mauve toned pink, but the pink tones are slightly deeper in real life than they appear photographed.  It’s a very gentle, easy to wear, yet stylish colour. Perfect for every day wear and more interesting than a standard nude or pale pink.

049 - Copy (2)076

Above I’ve compared the pic I took today (left) with one of the originals (right) to show how it can look more lilac-grey toned in certain lights.  It is a shade warmer in real life and like I said earlier, the first pic above is the closest to reality. The accent nail above right is ‘Carry On’ from the same series, which I’ll be swatching next!

Lady Like is part of Essie’s Fall Mini Collection 2011, available at Beauty Bay for £11.95 with free p&p

Would you feel Lady Like in this shade?

 

SHARE:
© Strawberry Blonde. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig